Common Problems with Yahoo Messenger
In this post am going to deal with the most common challenges experienced by yahoo messenger users. These issues are mostly centered on browser issues, updating from old yahoo messenger to the latest, forgotten yahoo ID or password and yahoo mobile app errors.
If you are not already a registered account holder on yahoo, you can read the following articles to get you started:
How to Register Your own Yahoo Email Account
How to Download the Latest Yahoo Messenger
Ok, let’s start trashing out basic problems that yahoo messenger users encounter on their PCs and other mobile devices.
Old Yahoo Messenger Version
If you are using the old yahoo messenger on your computer, you are out of tune! Yahoo no longer supports the older versions of yahoo messenger. To update to the latest version, read my article that acts as a step by step guide to downloading the newer version of yahoo messenger.
To get the best out of Yahoo messenger, your browser must be of the latest version. So are you using the old Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari? It’s time for you update now.
- To download your Google Chrome Click Here
- To download your Firefox Click Here
- To download your Safari Browser Click Here
- To update your Google Chrome Click Here
- To update your Firefox Click Here
- To update your Safari Browser Click Here
You can also update Yahoo apps on your phone. It’s very easy! If you are using an android phone, you can update Yahoo Apps with the following steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your device
- Tap on the “Menu” box. This will open a sidebar menu
- Tap on “My Apps” (These are applications that you downloaded into your device- yahoo must be there)
- Select the yahoo messenger and tap the “Auto Update”
Sometimes you will want to uninstall and reinstall your yahoo apps again to get them functioning properly.To uninstall yahoo on your android device follow the following steps:
- Press the “Menu Button” on the home screen of your device
- Tap on “Settings”
- Scroll to Device and tap on “Application Manager”
- Find the yahoo app that you want to uninstall and tap on the icon
- Tap on “uninstall” and “Ok” it to uninstall the app.
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, you can update Yahoo Apps like this:
- Go to the Apple Store on your device
- Tap on “Updates”
- Tap on updates to download the latest version of the yahoo app and you are good to go.
If you would want to uninstall yahoo apps on your iPhone, these are the steps:
Just press and hold the yahoo app that you want to uninstall. This will cause all the app icons on your screen to begin to shake
- Tap on “X” at the top left hand side of the app
- Tap on “Delete”
- And the application is gone.
Forgotten Password or Yahoo ID
If you have forgotten your password or yahoo ID of your yahoo messenger then it is obvious that you have forgotten you’re the login details of your yahoo email account. Well, I have the solution here too. Just read my article on the most common yahoo login problems and you will be granted access to your account in no time.
I hope this post helps. If you have any complains or suggestions, please use our comment area. All the Best!