Install Google Voice App on Android-Get Google Voice Number
Google Voice App is another awesome product created by google. This app allows you to make phone calls as well as send and receive free text messages using a google voice number. Do you have a google voice number or would you like one? This article will teach you how to set up the google voice app and get it running on your tablet or android phone.
Step 1: Install Google Voice
You can download the google voice app on your device’s app store. To download google voice app for android Click Here .Google voice is compatible with almost all android devices. On apple devices, requires iOS 7.0 or later versions.
Step 2: Set Up Google Voice
So now you have installed the google voice your device. But before you can start using the app you will need to have a google voice number that will be linked to your google account. Generally, to get the number:
- Go to the Google Voice website and sign in with your Google Account username and password.
- You will be asked to choose a Google Voice account type. Select “I want a new number”.
- Fill in a forwarding phone number and phone type. This should be your phone number that will ring when anyone calls your google number. You can add other phone numbers later if you want to.
- There will be a numerical code on your screen. Take note of the code and copy it out a pad, then click “Call Me Now” to verify the forwarding phone.
- You will receive a call and you will be prompted to that numerical code on your computer screen.
- Search for any available Google number and select your number.
- After you have finished setting up your google number, you can now add more forwarding phones.
Set up Google Voice on Android: Once you have installed google voice on your android smartphone, tap on the application to open it. The Welcome screen will appear and give you brief information about the app. The welcome address generally stipulates that you can make and receive phone calls, use the google voicemail and send and receive free text messages through the app.
- Click on the “Next” button. Once you do that, the app will prompt you to sign in to Google Voice using your Google account details (that’s your username and password). After you are done signing in, Google Voice will walk you through the setup process.
- Google voice app gives you a wide range of options. You can choose to use google voice for all your calls or no calls at all for only international calls or you can even instruct google voice to ask you each time you want to make a call whether to use google voice or not
- Next, the app will ask you to set up your voice mails. This step is optional so you can click on “skip” to move on. However, if you want to set up your google voicemail, you will be prompted click on a link that will automatically dial a special number to configure your phone. The advantage of using the google voice voicemail is that you can not only listen to all your voicemail but you can also read them
- Finally, google voice app will move to your inbox. Here you can see all your text messages as well as all the transcribed voicemail sent to your google voice number.